Cute and fun
You know you're a Spaniel owner when....
Posted on: April 20 2016
These wonderful creatures are absolutely brimming with energy, and widely known for being amongst the most affectionate dog breeds known to man. So whether a loopy Working Cocker rules your roost or if you’re the proud owner of a cuddly Cavalier King Charles, here are just some of the tell-tale signs that you’ve officially joined the crazy club.
1. Chewed up tennis balls can be found all over the house
2. You spend your evenings combing long ears in front of the TV
3. The postman has a handful of treats ready when you answer the front door. The postman knows the drill
4. The tops of your jeans are usually decorated in paw prints before you leave the house
5. You have to buy special food and water bowls – or devise other methods for keeping those ears clean and dry
6. A doorbell ringing causes complete mayhem
7. The sunniest spot in your garden is always occupied
8. Your windowsills have paw prints on them
9. Your windows have slobbery nose prints on them
10. Your kids grew up accustomed to being knocked over by enthusiastic wagging. And being licked a lot
11. You can’t even sneak off to the loo without an audience
12. But there’s always someone who loves you lying at your feet, or keeping your spot on the sofa nice and warm
13. Being stared at while you eat is totally normal
14. Being drooled at while you eat does not phase you anymore
15. You consider taking out shares in ear drops
16. Any other breed of dog seems so incredibly... calm
17. Wagging tail = entire wagging body
18. You spend more money with the mobile dog groomer than you do at the hair salon
19. The sound of a lead or whistle being picked up causes off-the-scale levels of excitement: shaking, whining, bouncing and barking
20. Nobody bothers wearing white trousers to your house anymore
21. You can tell a Springer from a Cocker and a Cavalier from a Clumber with your eyes shut
22. Your carpets swiftly return to the colour of your dog within minutes of hoovering
23. Winter walks involve calling your dog away from thickets, followed by the the sound of pheasants flapping in the air
24. Whatever fun new toy you introduce them to, they’d rather chew your favourite shoe. Or sticks.
25. No walk of any length or duration – even with swimming included - will tire them out
26. You’re a sucker for those sad, Spaniel eyes. And boy, do they know it!
What have we missed? Drop us a comment below and share your own experiences of the fun, chaos and mayhem that is Spaniel life. Love what you’ve read? Hit the share buttons above!
- Tips & Advice
- Training & Behaviour
- Grooming & Wellbeing
- Puppy Talk
- News & Competitions
- Muddy Paws Testers
- Travelling with your Dog
- Cute and fun
- Dog Breeds
- Top 5 dog friendly glamping sites in the UK
- Great summer dog walks in Dorset and Wiltshire
- Half of dog owners cannot take their dog to work
- Five Ways to Enjoy the Hot Weather with Your Dog
- You know you're a Labrador owner when....