News & Competitions
Trick or Tweet to Win a Dog Treat Hamper!
Posted on: October 29 2013
We’re celebrating Halloween with a spook-tacular new Twitter competition for dog lovers across the UK to be in with a chance of winning a lovely dog treat hamper worth over £50.
Simply follow us on Twitter (https://twitter.com/MuddyPawsUK) and tweet us the name of your dog’s favourite treat using the hashtag #MuddyTrickorTweet. One lucky winner will receive a gorgeous dog hamper worth over £50! So whether you’ll be out trick or treating this year or not, you can take part in Trick or Tweet without even needing to leave the house. And the winner’s dog will enjoy a raft of treats to celebrate Halloween this year. The hamper includes:
- Wicker Basket
- Small Snugglesafe Pet Towel
- Angelic Hen Door Hanger
- Reg and Ruby Edible Rawhide Card
- Planet Dog Gingerbread Toy
- Pooch & Mutt Fresh Breath Treats
- Pet Head Dirty Talk Shampoo
- Vibram My Good Dog Rubber Toy
- Lily’s Kitchen Forget Me Nots Treats
- Nootie Pet Shampoo and Daily Spritz Combo
- Animology Stink Bomb Dog Spray
The competition starts at 4pm on Tuesday 29th October and will run until Friday 1st November at 8am. The lucky winner will be announced on Twitter on Friday morning. What are you waiting for? You’ve got to be in it to win it!
Head to our Twitter page now to enter: https://twitter.com/MuddyPawsUK
The winner, Mary Wilde, has sent us a lovely story:
I am Merlin and this is Lily - Lily is the white one. I am a Lhasa Apso X JRT so they tell me - but I had to have a test done to find that out because I was something called a 'stray'. But my human came and took me from the rescue centre and now I am very happy. Lily is a Coton De Tulear. She is very naughty and steals my toys but secretly I like her. Lily is actually very clever and does some amazing tricks for treats. I get treats just for being me so maybe I am the clever one.
Anyway, our human brought in this big box and it smelled great. Inside was a hamper with loads of great things all for us :-) Our human said it came from somewhere called Muddy Paws (Lily often has those!) and she won it by tweeting - but I don't really understand that because I thought only birds tweet. I like the look of the edible things in the basket and the toys but Lily is worried about the shampoo - and as she often gets dirty I think she will be the first one to try it out. Thanks so much Mr Muddy Paws, you made us both wag our tails :-)
How do I enter?
1. Head to our Twitter page (https://twitter.com/MuddyPawsUK)
2. Tweet us @muddypawsuk with the name of your dog’s favourite treat
3. Make sure you use the hashtag #MuddyTrickorTweet
4. For example: @muddypawsuk my dog loves Billy & Margot banana and honey biscuits! #MuddyTrickorTweet
Can I enter via Facebook or your website?
The competition can only be entered on our Twitter page, @muddypawsuk.
When does the winner get announced?
On Friday morning (1st November) via Twitter.
Terms and Conditions
1. The promoter of this competition is The Muddy Good Company of 6-7 Holland Business Park, Blandford, Dorset, DT11 7TA
2. The competition runs from 4pm on Tuesday 29th October to 8am on Friday 1st November
3. The competition is open to UK residents and all entrants must be able to provide a postal address and be aged over 18
4. By entering the competition you are bound by these terms and conditions
5. To enter the competition on Twitter, entrants must follow muddypawsuk on Twitter, tweet the name of their dog’s favourite treat to @muddypawsuk using the hashtag #MuddyTrickorTweet
6. No purchase is necessary to enter the competition
7. The competition can only be entered via Twitter
8. Each person may only enter once, multiple entries are not permitted
9. Anyone found to use multiple accounts to enter will be ineligible
10. By entering, you give permission for the promoter to use, repost and share the content on social platforms and the Muddy Paws website
11. A winner will be chosen at random
12. The prize includes a Wicker Basket, Small Snugglesafe Pet Towel, Angelic Hen Door Hanger, Reg and Ruby Edible Rawhide Card, Planet Dog Gingerbread Toy, Pooch & Mutt Fresh Breath Treats, Pet Head Dirty Talk Shampoo, Vibram My Good Dog Rubber Toy, Lily’s Kitchen Forget Me Nots Treats, Nootie Pet Shampoo and Daily Spritz Combo, Animology Stink Bomb Dog Spray
13. The winner will be announced on Friday 1st November via direct message on Twitter or by @ mentioning the winner, and the winner will need to provide their name and postal address for the prize to be sent to
14. If within 14 days the winner has not been in contact the promoter reserves the right to select another winner at random
15. The selection of the winner is at the promoter’s discretion and no correspondence will be entered into
16. The promoter reserves the right to amend or terminate the competition
17. The winner will be asked to participate in publicity associated with this promotion
18. The winner’s personal data will be kept by the promoter and used for the purpose of sending the prize and also for future marketing purposes (e.g. email campaigns)
19. The prize will be dispatched within 28 days of being announced
20. Prizes are not transferable and no cash alternative will be offered
- Tips & Advice
- Training & Behaviour
- Grooming & Wellbeing
- Puppy Talk
- News & Competitions
- Muddy Paws Testers
- Travelling with your Dog
- Cute and fun
- Dog Breeds
- Top 5 dog friendly glamping sites in the UK
- Great summer dog walks in Dorset and Wiltshire
- Half of dog owners cannot take their dog to work
- Five Ways to Enjoy the Hot Weather with Your Dog
- You know you're a Labrador owner when....