News & Competitions
Love Dogs? Take a look at Augustís best dog events in 2014
Posted on: July 31 2014
The World of dogs and their faithful owners is an exceptional place, where mans best friend rules and this simply wonderful four legged friend is free to be admired by all. The popular dog kingdom has an envious amount of opportunity to meet some of the World's most precious breeds and capture some of the most heart melting moments in the pet lovers forum. From shows to parades and classes to competitions, you're sure to have a great time at one of these great dog shows.
That's why we have decided to round up August's best dog shows...
The Pet Show
Stoneleigh Park, Warwickshire
2nd - 3rd August
The Pet show is a national event dedicated to the british public and their pets. You'll find hundreds of attractions for the whole family to enjoy, The Pet Show 2014 is the biggest event of its kind showcasing the very best the UK's pet industry has to offer.
Essex Dog Day
Crix, London Road, Essex CM3 2EU
Essex dog day is for dog owners, enthusiasts or just families looking for a top day out. Come along with your dog, or just come with family and friends, you don't need a dog to attend! Taking place on August Bank Holiday, the day is packed full of classes, demonstrations and entertainments. Situated in the admirable grounds of Crix, Hatfield Peverel, a privately owned Georgian house.
Leeds Open Day and Fun Dog Show
Dogs Trust Leeds
Pop along to the Dogs Trust show in Leeds and you can enjoy the dog show, a tombola for both you and your dog, an auction with some fabulous prizes, stalls, kids entertainment, BBQ, refreshments...and of course the rehoming centre will be open for you to view the dogs!
Kennel Club International Agility Festival's 10th Anniversary
Rockingham Castle, Leicestershire
7th - 10th August
The Kennel Club's International Agility Festival reaches its 10th anniversary this year and to celebrate the success and popularity of one of the largest agility events in the world, it will be even bigger and better in 2014.
- Watch top International Agility handlers compete in the main ring
- Mingle with hundreds of Agility competitors from all over the world
- Have fun with your own dog in our 'Have a Go' Agility ring
- Try out your dog in the show ring where the Companion Dog Show judges will be looking for the healthiest, happiest dogs in a wide range of both Breed and Novelty classes
- Visit our trade stands featuring an enormous range of goods for dogs and their owners
Loseley Park, Surrey
DogFest celebrates everything that is special and life changing about having a dog in the family.
Join in the fun for an outdoor festival for you AND your dogs! Explore the wonderful grounds with Noel Fitzpatrick and the great dog walk, meet Noel during SuperVet live and take a stroll to festival village for all things dog!
Check back soon for September's best dog events and don't forget to facebook or tweet your pictures to us at @MuddyPawsUK.
- Tips & Advice
- Training & Behaviour
- Grooming & Wellbeing
- Puppy Talk
- News & Competitions
- Muddy Paws Testers
- Travelling with your Dog
- Cute and fun
- Dog Breeds
- Top 5 dog friendly glamping sites in the UK
- Great summer dog walks in Dorset and Wiltshire
- Half of dog owners cannot take their dog to work
- Five Ways to Enjoy the Hot Weather with Your Dog
- You know you're a Labrador owner when....