Grooming & Wellbeing
Top 5 Facts about Dog Shedding
Posted on: July 19 2013
We all know that most dogs shed their fur. Well here's out top 5 facts!
Did you know…?
1. All dogs shed. Yes, all dogs, though some more than others. There is no such thing as a non-shedding dog, unless your dog is one of these.(!)
2. Dogs with “hair” instead of fur, shed a lot less, but are more likely to mat if not groomed.
3. Dogs kept indoors year-round may shed year-round because their body is “confused” by the lack of change in season, but some dogs are just genetically programmed to shed year-round.
4. Shedding helps a dog maintain a healthy coat by replacing old, dirty fur/hair with shiny new fur/hair.
5. When a dog sheds its seasonal winter undercoat, that’s actually called “blowing their coat,” not shedding.
Here at Muddy Paws we recommend the Furminator Grooming tool as the best comb on the market to get rid of the unwanted hair before it hits the floor and carpet.
- Tips & Advice
- Training & Behaviour
- Grooming & Wellbeing
- Puppy Talk
- News & Competitions
- Muddy Paws Testers
- Travelling with your Dog
- Cute and fun
- Dog Breeds
- Top 5 dog friendly glamping sites in the UK
- Great summer dog walks in Dorset and Wiltshire
- Half of dog owners cannot take their dog to work
- Five Ways to Enjoy the Hot Weather with Your Dog
- You know you're a Labrador owner when....